Cinema apartments Rental Criteria
All potential tenants over the age of 18 must complete an application (incomplete applications will not be approved), pay a $50 non-refundable application fee (an additional $50 non-refundable fee is required to place a unit “on hold”), and provide the following information when an application is submitted.
- Photocopy of state issued identification such as a driver’s license.
- W-2, W-9, K1 (must be verifiable and able to provide proof as primary income source), most current paystubs (5 if paid weekly; 4x if paid bi-weekly), and/or an SSI/SSDI Award Letter (current year)
Criminal Background Screening
For the safety of our residents, all potential tenants must agree to a criminal background check and not have an excessive criminal history as outlined below. Anyone with a check fraud conviction must use secured payment methods during the entire lease.
- No more than 5 misdemeanor cases within 3 years of application (10 cases total)
- No felony cases within 3 years (3 cases total)
- No violent offenses within 3 years of application
- No methamphetamine and/or precursors or legendary drug charges within 5 years of application
- No manufacturing of distribution of methamphetamine and/or precursors or legendary drug charges within 10 years of application
Rental History Screening
Potential tenants must meet the following requirements to be considered for residency. Providing accurate and complete landlord information is crucial. False information or failure to provide landlord contact information may result in an application denial.
- No pending evictions, none submitted within the past 12 months, and no more than 3 evictions in total.
- Past judgements must have a balance owed of less than $1,500 (proof of payment arrangement and/or judgment satisfaction must be provided when application is submitted).
- Have at least 3 years of positive rental history (exceptions are offered for first-time renters moving out on their own).
All potential tenants must meet the following requirements to be considered for residency.
- Have a minimum credit score of 600.
- Have no pending bankruptcies.
- Earn a minimum of three times the monthly rent amount.
- Be able to transfer utilities to their name (must be completed before keys are released).
- Employed with current employer for at least 6 months (at least one applicant) or provide proof of a transfer (with no more than a 2-week gap) from a job in which the applicant was employed for more than 6 months.
- Be able to provide proof of renter insurance coverage within 5 days prior to move-in. Tenants will be auto enrolled in LLIP at a cost of $10/month if proof of renter insurance coverage is not provided.
Cinema Apartments is pet friendly. Potential tenants wishing to have a pet, must adhere to the following:
- No more than two pets per unit, each weighing no more than 60 pounds.
- Pets must be current on all vaccination records.
- Vaccination records and breed identification must be verified by a licensed veterinarian.
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable $300 pet deposit at lease signing, as well as a monthly pet surcharge of $25 per pet which is added to the monthly rent amount due.
- Animals registered as Service or ESA, must be disclosed, and all supporting paperwork must be submitted at the time of application. Failure to do so may result in lease cancellation under the pretense of falsifying information upon applying.