Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you are looking for your first apartment or just ready for your next apartment, you probably have questions. And, more than likely, someone else has already asked. Read below for answers to some of the most common questions we hear from prospective renters. If you don’t see what you need, just let us know – we’re here to help.
Cinema Apartment FAQ:
Questions about the leasing process
How long does the application approval process take?
With our paperless application process, most applications receive a decision within 24-48 hours once all documentation is completed.
Are utilities included?
- Water, trash, and sewer are included for the first lease term.
- Basic streaming cable TV and high-speed internet are included. Upgraded packages are available through the contracted provider.
What is the application fee?
$50. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
What documentation do I need to complete my application?
- Photocopy of a state-issued ID, such as a driver’s license
- W2, W-9, or K1 (Must be verifiable and able to provide proof of your primary source of income)
- Most current pay stubs (5, if paid weekly; 4 if paid bi-weekly), and/or your SSI/SSDI Award Letter (current year)
How much is the standard security deposit?
The standard security deposit is equvalent to one month’s rent.
Is there an on-site leasing office?
No, there is not an on-site leasing office. Our property management office is located at 1309 Carousel Court, Evansville, IN 47714 – please call us at 812-499-4110 to make an appointment before stopping by.
For after-hours emergency maintenance only, call 812-430-9096.
What are the financial requirements to be approved for a lease?
- Have a minimum credit score of 600.
- Have no pending bankruptcies.
- Earn a minimum of three times the monthly rent amount.*
- Be able to transfer utilities to your name.
- Must have been employed with your current employer for at least 6 months or provide proof of a transfer (with no more than a two-week gap) from a job in which you were employed for more than 6 months).
- Be able to provide proof of renter insurance coverage within 5 days prior to move-in.
* Please note that Cinema Apartments lease rates are not income-based.
Is rent income-based and/or do you take Section 8 vouchers?
Although Cinema Apartments do not offer income-based rents or accept Section 8 housing program payments, please visit our parent company at cmpevv.com for other rental listings that may include Section 8 properties.
Can I "hold" a unit?
Depending on current availability, you may be able to put a unit “on-hold” – please ask your leasing agent about your options. If a “hold” is available there is an additional $50 non-refundable hold fee due at the time the hold is placed.
Is there a minimum credit score required?
In order to qualify for a lease, you will need a credit score of 600 or higher.
Do you require a criminal background check as part of the application?
Yes. For the safety of our residents, all potential tenants must agree to a criminal background check and not have an excessive criminal history, as outlined below:
- No more than 5 misdemeanor cases within 3 years of application (10 cases total)
- No felony cases within 3 years (3 cases total)
- No violent offenses within 3 years of application
- No methamphetamine and/or precursors or legendary drug charges within 5 years of application
- No manufacturing of distribution of methamphetamine and/or precursors or legendary drug charges within 10 years of application
Do you review previous rental history?
Yes. Tenants must meet the following requirements to be considered for residency:
- No pending evictions, none submitted within the past 12 months, and no more than 3 evictions in total
- Past judgments must have a balance owed of less than $1,500 (proof of payment arrangement and/or judgment satisfaction must be provided when an application is submitted).
- Must have at least 3 years of positive rental history (exceptions offered for first-time renters moving out on their own)
Do you require renters insurance?
Yes. Proof of an active renters insurance policy must be provided within 5 days prior to move-in. Tenants will be auto-enrolled with Landlord Liability Insurance Policy (LLIP) at $10/month if proof of renter insurance coverage is not provided.
What is LLIP?
How much does LLIP cost?
Who do you use for LLIP if I don't find my own policy?
Is LLIP the same as renters insurance?
No, LLIP coverage is NOT personal liability insurance or renters insurance. LLIP does not cover the Lessee’s personal property (contents), additional living expenses or liability arising out of bodily injury or property damage to any third party. We strongly suggest that you speak with your insurance agent about renters insurance to meet the requirements of your lease(s) and also to protect your personal property.
Questions about the community or amenities
Can I see a floor plan online?
Because each of the units at the Cinema Apartments is unique we don’t currently have online floorplans. However, we strongly encourage you to schedule a tour of the community to see what each apartment has to offer.
Is there an on-site fitness center?
Do you have ADA units?
Yes, Cinema Apartments has ADA units. Check our current listings or call our office today for help finding a unit that meets your needs.
Do you have on-site parking?
Yes! We have dedicated free on-site parking.
Questions about life at Cinema
Is there an online tenant portal? Can I make payments online?
You can make your monthly rent payment through the Appfolio tenant portal.
How often do you spray for pests?
We spray for pests monthly in order to maintain our high standards.
Do you have a referral program?
How does your referral program work?
Questions about pets
Do you allow pets?
Yes, our pet-friendly apartments allow up to two pets including cats and dogs up to 60 lbs.
Do you allow Service and/or ESA animals?
Yes – Cinema Apartments recognize the importance of Service and ESA animals. Our pet-friendly apartment complex allow registered service and emotional support animals (ESA). These pets must be registered service and emotional support animals (ESA) and must be disclosed. All supporting paperwork must be submitted at the time of application.
How many pets can I have?
At our pet friendly apartment complex, we allow up to two pets per apartment.
Is there a size restriction for pets?
Our apartments allow dogs up to 60 lbs.
How much is the monthly pet fee?
A monthly surcharge of $25 per pet will be added to the monthly rental amount in addition to a pet deposit.